Get outside. Watch the sunrise. Watch the sunset. How does that make you feel? Does it make you feel big or tiny? Because there’s something good about feeling both.Amy Grant
For this art break, get yourself outside during the “golden hour” to witness and capture the magic of the sun.
Art Break Directions:
- You will need 3 evenings in a row to complete this art break, so schedule that first.
- When you’ve scheduled your 3 evenings, figure out when the sunset is occurring during those days and be ready to get yourself outside.
- Bring a camera or smartphone with you.
- Sit somewhere outside while the sun is setting and capture it.
- Go home, look at the image you captured and write about it. Whatever pops in your mind. No need to filter yourself.
- Do this for at least 3 evenings in a row.
- Share your beauty with us and let us know if you felt a shift in your day after this art break. Did life feel even just a bit brighter?
Art Break Reflection Questions:
Here are a few questions to feel free to contemplate after you’ve spent your 3 days watching the sunset.
- What does the sunset mean to you? Is it an end or completion? Or is it a beginning? Is it part of a cycle?
- Is the sunset connected to your cycles of life?
- Does watching the sunset bring you a sense of mystery or calm or something else entirely?
- Does it bring beauty and awe into your life?
- Is it a metaphor for dark and light?
Extend this art break:
Think of a memory where the sunset made you feel bright and alive. Extend this art break and draw, paint, write or photograph using this memory as inspiration.