Contribute to Art is Moving and help us spread positivity, connection, and unity across the globe, one art break at a time.
Free Art Project
Art is Moving has distributed over 800 Free Art Packets providing 4,000 Art Breaks!
Art is Moving is delivering free packets of art materials and inspiration to Little Libraries across the globe to educate folks about the power of art, encourage them to take an art break and empower them to make art part of their daily lives.
Art Break Day
Art is Moving has provided “art breaks” to over 33,000 individuals across 271 locations.
Art Break Day occurs annual on the first Friday of September. Art making stations pop-up across the globe and everyone is invited to sit down, take a break, and make art for free. Art Break Day celebrates and promotes the positive impact art has in our lives and pushes the idea that it needs to be interwoven into the fabric of our daily lives. It not only benefits the individual by giving those who do not have access to art the tools they need to discover its benefit, it gets strangers to break bread with one another across a table filled with endless creativity and expressive possibilities.
Take an Art Break Podcast
Take an Art Break Podcast is an ongoing and open ended conversation between the Co-founders of Art is Moving. The two artists ask each other a new question about art each episode and encourage others to join the conversation by submitting a question or comment of their own!
The Art and Everything Calendar
365 days of “ARTspiration”
We started creating our Art and Everything Calendar for those folks who feel like they don’t have the time or creativity to get artsty. Trust us, it’s easier to take an art break than you think. Art is everywhere. Art is everything. Our calendar will prove it you.
Art in your Pocket
Art is Moving has handed out 6,200 Art in Your Pockets providing 24,800 Art Break opportunities!
Art in Your Pocket was created as a means to get art supplies into the hands of each and every person across the globe. It’s also small enough to carry in a pocket, purse, or backpack. Anyone can take an Art in Your Pocket with them anywhere and always have access to art supplies and an “art break” anytime.
Give an Art Break
Although we would argue that taking a daily art break is the best choice, we understand that is not always possible in today’s world. With that in mind, Art is Moving created our Give an Art Break project. Basically, we mail art breaks to a person of your choice. Looking at art has several benefits, including decreasing stress while increasing cognitive skills. This has been a fantastically fun way to extend the power and reach of the art we collect during our annual Art Break Day events.
Art is Moving was formed in 2008 by two artists (Lauren Sharpton and Lisa Rasmussen) who passionately believe in the power of art. Through various community art projects, the Artist Duo have witnessed thousands upon thousands of individuals in dozens of cities benefit from making art. Today, Art is Moving is recognized as a 501c3 Non Profit Organization with the mission to improve understanding and access to art by providing information about its benefits as well as opportunities to practice art through various public programs.
Early on in their collaboration, Lauren and Lisa had an utopian vision:
What would happen if the entire world sat down and made art together?
What if art became a part of every person’s daily life?
The possibilities are endless.
And so, with the help from donations from generous folks, both in-kind and monetary, efforts from amazing and committed volunteers, an encouraging and supportive board of directors, and small foundation grants Art is Moving has successfully created opportunities across the globe for people to practice art and feel the positive impact it can have in their daily life and within their community.
Art is Moving would not be where we are today without the support we’ve received from a wide number of individual donations. Thank you, thank you, thank you a million trillion zillion times over to any first time donors and those donors we count on each and every year. You make the world a better place through art and its positive impact.
Your support is vital and enables Art is Moving to be sustainable and thrive.
Art is Moving is an international arts advocacy non-profit organization, which raises the awareness and the profile of art as a tool for dialogue, creativity, healing, connection, social and cultural engagement.
Our signature programs Art Break Day, Art Break Month, and Art in Your Pocket have created a new reverence for the value of art.
How we use your support:
- We campaign to show the importance that art needs to be everywhere and experienced by everyone. We also work in partnership with other professionals and organizations to achieve our goals and to reach new audiences. Our vision is to have Art Break Day celebrated in every city across the globe. We want ARTcarts to be randomly popping up on street corners 365 days a year. Art making equates personal freedom and is an essential tool for well being.
- We deliver projects and programs of activity on a national and international level, always designed to raise arts profile and to create a better world. We provide people with an opportunity to become involved in the art world and strive to get the art world more involved in the public sphere.
- We champion the importance of art and creativity, and its vital role in all of our daily lives.
- We have demonstrated that art breaks down boundaries in many ways and we actively promote the notion that creating art should be a daily practice. At each and every one of our free art events we have witnessed the positive impact of art. It transcends all social, economic, and cultural boundaries.
- We advocate for art to be accepted by all professionals and the general public as an important tool for social and cultural exchange, growth, transformation, education, creativity, health, and happiness.