Dive Into Spring and New Beginnings
Nature is infinitely creative. It is always producing the possibility of new beginnings.
– Marianne Williamson
Try this Art Break idea that aligns you with nature and the celebration of the Spring Equinox (March 20).
This is a wonderful activity to do together with family and friends. If you can, do this outside in the fresh air.
Art Break Supplies:
A plant or seeds
A planter pot
2 sheets of paper
Art Break Directions:
- Schedule a time in your day when you can take your art break.
- Gather Supplies.
- Check in with yourself. How are you feeling right now?
- Write the ANSWERS to the following questions on 2 separate pieces of paper.
- What do I want or need to let go of?
- What do I want to create in my life? Don’t limit yourself here.
- Tear the “let go” piece of paper. Place it in the bottom of the planter pot. Place the “create” piece of paper on top.
- And the soil, plant (of seeds) and water it.
- If you feel inspired to do more, use marker or paint on the outside of the planter pot.
- Now that your art break is complete, check in with yourself again. How are you feeling now?
In the coming days and weeks, watch your plant grow and see what begins to manifest in your life.
Bonus! You can always measure your “new beginnings” progress by journaling about it.
Feel free to read more about the
benefits of art on our resource page here.
Help Art is Moving help others feel the positive impact of art