1. Why are you an artist?
Because I have a passion and a drive for art.
2. Is there a concept behind your work? If so, please tell us about it.
Yes! My work has a still ness but they have lots of activity with the brush work. To me it’s about the energy behind things or the energy that makes up all things in the universe.
3. Why do you use the medium that you use?
I mainly use acrylic because it dries fast and easy to mold to into shapes and with the gloss I can make many more illusions. Lately I’ve been exploring water colors and the lovely mess they make!
5. What message (if any) would you like your viewer to walk away with after viewing your work?
Despite all we put our selves threw (emotionally and physically) there is hope as long as we still have love.
6. What is the role of the artist in our society? And in Oregon?
Often I think we forget what our roles are as artist. We depicted what we see. That’s our role. We see things differently and we should celebrate our differences and unite in the fact we have a passion we share. Our roll here in Oregon is to show what our state and her people have shown us to the world.
8. What are your ultimate goals as an artist?
To own my own café/gallery to show artist that are self taught like me to the world that other wise might never been shown. And to have some hot men build a temple in honor of my work and myself! Just kidding…kinda!
9. What does art mean to you?
Words would only fail me but my paint brushes and my hands can tell you.